Inverkip Community Initiative is looking to appoint two new board members to the following positions:
- Chair Person
- Grants Officer
The main responsibilities in each role are detailed below.
- The Chairperson has a strategic role to play in representing the vision and purpose of the organisation. The Chairperson ensures that the management committee functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out
- Ensure the organisation is managed effectively
- Provide support and supervision to staff
- Represent the organisation
- To communicate effectively the vision and purpose of the organisation
- To advocate for and represent the organisation at external meetings and events
- To be aware of current issues that might affect the organisation
- Researching and identifying potential grant funding opportunities
- Making recommendations to board for approval
- Preparing and submitting application forms to the appropriate Grant making Trusts and/or Foundations
- Establishing annual schedule for applications
- Establishing and maintaining on going relationship with Grant making Trusts and/or Foundations
- Ensuring that organisation complies with all grant requirements and audits, and feedback/reports supplied to Trusts/Foundations on a timely basis
If you are interested in any of the above positions or would like further information, please contact Bill Stewart on 07932622952 or at email@example.com
Applications should be in the form of a covering letter (e-mail acceptable) with details of any previous committee/trustee experience.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28th July, 2017.
The board will review all applications and successful candidates will be asked to attend for interview.